Following on from the lifting of restrictions by the government, the village hall committee have undertaken a thorough review of how the hall should operate going forward. It was decided that in view of the number of cases still being reported in the area it is important to be cautious and keep some measures in place for the time being. In particular,
- Cleaning and sanitising before each use of the hall
- Good ventilation
- Hand sanitiser readily available
- QR posters to support NHS track and trace
- Mask wearing and social distancing as appropriate to the event or activity. Please follow the guidance provided by the person running the event you are attending.
A revised Risk Assessment for the Village Hall has been posted on the website and can be viewed here. Hirers will be requested to complete a Risk Assessment specific to their usage of the hall and communicate the Covid protocol for their event.
We hope these measures will help to give you confidence to attend events and activities in the hall in the coming months.
Upcoming village events and dates for your diaries
- The Return of The Music Quiz doors 7pm for a 7.30pm start Saturday 14 August. Licensed bar. £5 entry to include 3 rounds of card bingo. See also More information and Guidance for attendees
- Scratchworks present The Grimm Sisters (Beaford) Friday 10 September. Details to be announced shortly.
- Crochet workshop Saturday 11 September 9.30am-11.30am. Bring a drink. All welcome.
Craft Group, Zumba and Pilates have all recommenced already and it is hoped that regular coffee mornings, a winter talks programme, and a further performing arts event from Beaford will be added in due course.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Your Village Hall Committee